Chickens

Tyler Jenkins

May 27, 2023, 10:08:44 PM5/27/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Hi all-

Sorry for the momentary diversion away from bees. I just know that beekeepers often have chickens as well. Just wanted to say I have 3 week old chicks I’m ready to part with, if anyone needs any. All hens, as determined by Cackle Hatchery. All vaccinated against Marek’s. All fed only organic chick crumble thus far.

Lavender Orpington
French Black Copper Maran
Barred Rock
Blue Easter Egger
Welsummer

If interested, perhaps it would be best to contact me directly, so as not to further pollute the bee space with chicken talk.

I can be reached by phone at 785-845-8959 or by e-mail at twjen...@gmail.com

Bill Perkins knows me well, if you want to check with a familiar person that I am a real person (totally reasonable these days).

Located in West Roxbury.

Thanks,
Tyler

Sent from my iPhone

Jeremy Klein Ronkin

May 28, 2023, 12:00:14 AM5/28/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
That would be the strangest way of catfishing someone I've ever heard of though.

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers
---

Tyler Jenkins

May 28, 2023, 1:12:22 AM5/28/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Indeed! 😂

Sent from my iPhone

Song Han

May 29, 2023, 9:24:52 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This is my 5th year of beekeeping and I ran into a problem I never had before. The bees in all my 5 hives are drawing comb incorrectly. I am attaching some pictures. These are all new frames. I have 40 of them and so far no one is correct. I measured the frame dimensions and they seem correct to me. Can someone help me with this? did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Song

Larry vandeVenter

May 29, 2023, 9:48:49 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
I’m seeing this a lot in my mentees hives using plastic foundation purchased on Amazon. Scrape off the comb and rewaxing them seems to correct the problem. Apparently the wax is hardly present and only spotty. Melt the wax and apply it with a paint brush or small low nap paint roller.

Larry

Larry VandeVenter

On May 29, 2023, at 9:24 AM, Song Han <son...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

This is my 5th year of beekeeping and I ran into a problem I never had before. The bees in all my 5 hives are drawing comb incorrectly. I am attaching some pictures. These are all new frames. I have 40 of them and so far no one is correct. I measured the frame dimensions and they seem correct to me. Can someone help me with this? did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Song

<image_6483441.JPG>

<image_6483441.JPG>

<image_6483441.JPG>

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers
---

Alex Bostian

May 29, 2023, 9:59:06 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
You’ll have to rewax them. I use a 1 1/2 paint roller and it works well

Glenn Milliken Sr

May 29, 2023, 10:01:39 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Ashmont and have plenty of wax if you need any

Andrew Berg

May 29, 2023, 10:04:44 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Some people say you can just rub wax directly onto the foundation, without the bother of melting and brushing or rolling.
I have not tried it myself.

Song Han

May 29, 2023, 10:17:12 AM5/29/23
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for your help!! I will re-wax them.