Bees in the walls...

K guarnotta

Jul 7, 2022, 2:45:27 PM7/7/22
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hi Guys, It has been quite a while since I've been on here.

I've got an issue - where a queen has set up inside the wall of my house. These were not my bees - someone elses.  I think it was a swarm from one of his hives. He missed it happening.

Now I've got these bees in the exterior wall of my house, and I don't know how to get them out. I don't want to kill them, and could possibly deal with opening the wall - (as I am a carpenter) but I don't know how to open the wall/ceiling up without getting stung a million times.

I've had a trap out recommended to me - and see this info -

I just don't have the bandwidth right now, as I'm trying to move myself...Anyone interested in attempting this - or some other method, and getting yourself a bunch of bees?

Please let me know...of if you have other ideas?

thanks,

-Kevin

Mark Lewis

Jul 7, 2022, 2:56:21 PM7/7/22
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

It's been a while but I did a number of these in the past. I think we can figure out a good plan. Email or call.

--mark
(sent from a phone)

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers
---

Phillip Thomas

Jul 8, 2022, 7:46:16 AM7/8/22
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,

If you have access to an Infrared camera, you can readily tell how big the colony could be…and it would help create a plan for their removal….

BELMONT BEE COMPANY
Phillip C. Thomas

Head Beekeeper
Belmont, MA 02478
201.213.9788 (M)
617.932.1064 (O)
May Your Hive Be Strong and Full of Honey...
🐝 🐝🐝 🐝

Ck out our website:  www.BelmontBeeCompany.com

K guarnotta

Jul 8, 2022, 4:53:37 PM7/8/22
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
some questions re location - The house is in Roxbury. MY IR camera is not really cooperating these days - wont connect properly to my phone.

K guarnotta

Jul 8, 2022, 4:54:16 PM7/8/22
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
I forgot to mention - one recommendation is to just leave them, as long as they are not bothering anyone....that may be the way I go...

Jonathan Smalls

Jul 10, 2022, 12:09:56 PM7/10/22
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
I am in Roxbury with an infrared camera. I can help you with that much. Even if you leave them, you can still get a clearer idea of where they are.