Need an Assistant?

Jessie Tagliani

Aug 24, 2023, 1:42:55 PM8/24/23
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hello everyone!

My name is Jessie Tagliani, and I am an incoming graduate student at MIT. I also happen to be a beekeeper with several years of experience! My father and I currently maintain several hives in our backyard back in the UK, and it is a very fulfilling and rewarding hobby.

I plan to take the BBKA's Basic Assessment exam next summer, so I want to keep my skills up this year. However, since I just moved into one of MIT's dorms, I don't have the space or resources to set up my own hive!

To that end, I reached out to your president about becoming a volunteer assistant to someone who currently maintains an apiary, and he advised me to send a message to this group. I would love to provide whatever help is needed, whether that is helping to lift brood boxes or supers, build frames, or take notes during the inspection. And I am also particularly good at spotting the queen!

As a student, my schedule is pretty flexible, particularly on weekends. If you would like some help, please feel free to email me back or shoot me a text at (206) 591 1169. I'd love to talk further!

All the best

Jessie