Urban Waggle Storytelling Event | Pitch Line Open until 10/4

Urban Bee Lab

Sep 20, 2023, 2:36:12 PM9/20/23
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Specifically looking for a few beekeepers to take the stage! Read more below.

Event Date: Thursday, November 30th, 2023 at the Armory in Somerville, MA
Performance Theme: Honey*
Where storytellers share a personal narrative that is… sticky, sweet or raw.

A live storytelling event in support of the mission and programs at the Urban Bee Lab, a registered non-profit organization. We choose to amplify voices from the Greater Boston area that may not otherwise be heard. Audience members will leave feeling inspired, entertained, and more connected to one another through the uniquely human art of storytelling.

The Pitch Line is open now until October 4th
Whether your story is sticky, sweet, or raw, we want to hear it! We're looking for stories that are entertaining, meaningful, heartfelt, and full of "feels". Bonus points if they inspire us to care more about our pollinators or our mission! Stories should be roughly five minutes long, fit the theme of Sticky, Sweet, Raw, and be true and told by the person they happened to!Eight storytellers will be selected from the pitch line to participate in our live event. All storytellers must attend an 8-hour professional storytelling workshop provided by the Urban Bee Lab and will receive free story coaching, a stipend for taking the stage, and a jar of honey! What story do YOU want to tell us? Click here to learn more: https://urbanbeelab.org/urbanwaggle-pitchline/