Visibroker 4.5 together with tnameserv from JDK 1.3.1 -> exception

Dmitri

May 13, 2003, 11:48:23 AM5/13/03
Hello all,

does anybodody knows how to use server application with Visibroker 4.5
together with tnameserv from JDK 1.3.1 and with client using JDK 1.3.1
?

I'm starting my server and read IOR of tnameserv from the file. This
IOR is converted in NamingContext (with the help of
ORB.string_to_object and than narrow)

But when I try to resolve the name in the naming service using
following code:
***************
NameComponent[] nameToResolve=...
NamingContext initial = ...
NamingContextHelper.narrow( initial.resolve(nameToResolve) )
***************

I get the following exception:
**************
org.omg.CORBA.CODESET_INCOMPATIBLE: can't find my native char set
[I@135cd9in CodeSetComponent struct
com.inprise.vbroker.CONV_FRAME.CodeSetComponent {
int native_code_set=65568,
int[] conversion_code_sets={}
} minor code: 0 completed: Maybe
at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.ProtocolConnector.selectCodeSet(ProtocolConnector.java:172)
at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.ProtocolConnector.processComponent(ProtocolConnector.java:194)
at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.ProtocolConnector.processComponents(ProtocolConnector.java:180)
at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.ProtocolConnector.reconnect(ProtocolConnector.java:104)
at com.inprise.vbroker.GIOP.ProtocolConnector.<init>(ProtocolConnector.java:78)
at com.inprise.vbroker.IIOP.ProtocolConnector.<init>(ProtocolConnector.java:12)
at com.inprise.vbroker.IIOP.Bidder$Bid.getConnector(Bidder.java:111)
at com.inprise.vbroker.ProtocolEngine.PortfolioImpl.getConnector(PortfolioImpl.java:78)
at com.inprise.vbroker.ProtocolEngine.ManagerImpl.getConnector(ManagerImpl.java:157)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl._bind(DelegateImpl.java:205)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.verifyConnection(DelegateImpl.java:372)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.DelegateImpl.request(DelegateImpl.java:565)
at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:428)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl._invoke(RequestImpl.java:166)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.RequestImpl.invoke(RequestImpl.java:130)
at org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve(_NamingContextStub.java:151)
at MyClass.MyMethod()
**************

I have tryed to play with Visibroker property:
vbroker.orb.embedCodeset=false
Both values "true" or "false" of this property doesn't helps.

I can use my server with nameserv from Visibroker and jdk1.3.1 on the
client side - this works (I set vbroker.orb.embedCodeset=false), for
client I use IOR of the naming service

For information: property vbroker.orb.enableVB4backcompat was set to
"false"

somehow it should works at least Borland mention this in
"Interoperability for Java" example...

thanks in advance
Dmitri