Visibroker 4.5 and VC++ .Net 2003

Ron Harter

Sep 9, 2004, 8:17:56 AM9/9/04
Has anyone used version 4.5 with .Net and C++ in a managed application? Is
it
possible? What were the problems you encountered? Was there any special
setup or code changes invoved?

Regards

Ron Harter
ron.h...@jpmobile.com

Gappodi

Sep 14, 2004, 4:54:23 PM9/14/04
"Ron Harter" <ron.h...@jpmobile.com> wrote in message news:<URX%c.9221$ZC7....@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>...

I had link problems even compiling the Bank Example with .NET 2003 and
VB 4.5. I guess you will need the new ORB libraries. VB 4.5 does not
support the .NET compilers.

Cheers
Gap

cpp

Oct 3, 2004, 9:47:25 AM10/3/04

I don't know anything about VB 4.5, but the docs that come with VB 6.0 say
that the only supported compiler on Windows platform are VC++ .NET 2002 (=
VC++ 7.0).

> I guess you will need the new ORB libraries.

The problem is not only with libraries. It is also with header files. In
particular with some typedefs (wchar_t, for example). In VC++ .NET 2002
there are an option that says to compiler whether to treat wchar_t as a
bult-in type (you have to select "yes").

But again, it is related to VB 6.0.

Maybe it helps ...

cpp

"Gappodi" <gap...@hotmail.com> wrote in message