WebSphere

Panagiotis Varlagas

Apr 22, 2004, 7:48:06 AM4/22/04
I have written an application that uses Visibroker to communicate with
a remote CORBA server. I have put the vbjorb.jar and other required
JARs under WEB-INF/lib. However, since vbjorb.jar contains classes
also contained in rt.jar, I also add the WEB-INF/lib directory to ws.ext.dirs.
This WSAD configuration works just fine. This is WebSphere 4.0
application.

However, when I attempted to deploy my application to WAS 4.0, I
persistently got a NoClassFoundError. Adding a ws.ext.dirs system
directory specifying the directory containing the JARS didn't yield the desired
effects. Even specifying the absolute directory path did not work.

Is there some other "trick" in order to deploy such an application
successfully to WAS 4.0?

Thx!