how to make a connect between Corba client and server

1 view

jimmy

Jan 31, 2003, 2:29:14 AM1/31/03

I have a Corba client is running inside a LAN behind a firewall. Its
ip address is 10.*.*.*. The Corba server is running outside on the
internet. It has installed firewall on the box as well. Its ip address
is 67.*.*.*. Both programs are running on Sun unix box, and running
visibroker 4. I can ssh from client box to server box.

Right now, my question is that what is the easy way to let the client
and the server find each other by the smart agent. As I know, there
are two possible solutions:
1. set up a vpn connection from 67.*.*.* box to the LAN.
2. use GateKeeper to tunneling visibroker through ssh, or open some
ports on both sides.

The other problem is that I can't easily modify configs on both client
and server sides. It has to be done through IT. So, it's very hard for
me to do some real testing. I wonder anyone can give me some hints
about this issues.

Thanks a lot,
Jimmy