Connecting to Visibroker server without vbj

donalm...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 8, 2006, 6:42:38 PM12/8/06

I'm running a Visbroker CORBA server which I can connect to just fine
when I start a client using Visibroker's "vbj" program. My
understanding is that this program calls java, but first adds a *lot*
of properties (-D) to the command-line and libraries to the classpath.

However, if I try to access the same server from within a web
application (which is started by Tomcat), I get an exception:

org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
at
surePay.idl2java.SMSSession.SessManagerHelper.bind(SessManagerHelper.java:71)
at
surePay.idl2java.SMSSession.SessManagerHelper.bind(SessManagerHelper.java:62)

I'm using the same code in each case to connect to the server, so my
guess is that Tomcat doesn't have all the libraries (and/or properties)
it needs in order to connect, whereas these are automatically
configured when vbj is used.

Currently, the only Visibroker libraries I've got on Tomcat's classpath
are vbjclientorb.jar and vbjorb.jar. Any ideas what else I need in
order to fix this?

Thanks in Advance,
DM

ke_...@yahoo.com

Dec 11, 2006, 2:12:18 PM12/11/06
It seems tomcat wasn't using visibroker. did you have follow property
setting?

org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB

Regards,
Ke