HELP HELP - A problem suddenly popped up compiling in XP emulatoion mode !

1 view

Dave West

Jul 18, 2008, 7:16:44 AM7/18/08

I have been using the Turbo Pascal 7.0 DOS editor running in DOS emulation
node on XP.

It worked REALLY well for years. The Windows Edtor is difficult to use and
full of shortcommings !

Sometime in the last six months to a year a serious problem all of a sudden
popped up!

When I compile in protected mode, all is well. The resulting .EXE file will
run fine in emulation AND on any DOS machine.

HOWEVER, when I compile in real mode the exe will run fine in emulation mode
but not run properly on a real DOS machine.

The program seems to have a timing problem of some sort. This is NOT the
timing problem regarding running on newer processors ((CPU chips).

When trying to enter input from the keyboard, if you type very fast you can
get the program to accept about one character out of fifty!

There are also other problems

I noticed that at one point Microsoft fixed a problem involved in displaying
high resolution graphics in emulation mode. This COULD be the same time this
problem first occurred.

HELP HELP HELP - This how I make my living. Or at least used to!

Thanx, Dave West

http://WWW.ValveJr.COM

http://WWW.WestLabs.COM

Da...@ValveJr.COM