Interesting article on Islam and Saudi Arabia

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.

Jul 12, 2002, 3:44:13 PM7/12/02
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/12/international/middleeast/12SAUD.html?to
daysheadlines=&pagewanted=print&position=top

http://shorterlink.com/?HKPUU4

Excerpts:

***

After scores of Saudi religious
scholars and academics issued a manifesto this spring suggesting that
Muslims might find common ground with the West, they were subjected to
withering rebuke by those who accept the Wahhabi notion that Islam
thrives on hostility toward infidels.

"You give the false impression that many people condemned the war
against America," read one such denunciation on a popular Web site, "But
the truth is that many people are happy declaring this war, which gave
Muslims a sense of relief."

In another, Sheik Hamad Rais al-Rais, an elderly blind scholar,
suggested the manifesto writers showed too much sympathy for the victims
of Sept. 11 and debased Islam by neglecting to mention that jihad, or
holy war, remains a central tenet.

****

A fatwa from Sheik Muhammad bin Othaimeen, whose funeral last year
attracted hundreds of thousands of mourners, tackles whether good
Muslims can live in infidel lands. The faithful who must live abroad
should "harbor enmity and hatred for the infidels and refrain from
taking them as friends," it reads in part.

Saudis in general, and senior princes in particular, reject the notion
that this kind of teaching helps spawns terrorists.

"Well, of course I hate you because you are Christian, but that doesn't
mean I want to kill you," a professor of Islamic law in Riyadh explains
to a visiting reporter.

****

<shudder>

Ken
MoNBH/MDNPEI
http://planeta.terra.com.br/educacao/kencamargo/
"I do know a regime which provides human beings no
deep reasons to care about one another cannot long
preserve its legitimacy" -- Richard Sennet

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.

Jul 12, 2002, 4:05:46 PM7/12/02
In article <3D2F36B8...@acsplus.com>, kirtn...@acsplus.com
says...
> i suspect this may be part of a struggle going back at least to
> galilleo.

Kinda. Although by then probably the Muslims were the more open minded
ones.

Kirt

Jul 12, 2002, 4:06:16 PM7/12/02

--
Free The Kinsey Six !!

Michael Warner

Jul 12, 2002, 4:13:46 PM7/12/02
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:44:13 -0300, Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.
<rb.moc.arret@jcrk> wrote:

>"Well, of course I hate you because you are Christian, but that doesn't
>mean I want to kill you," a professor of Islamic law in Riyadh explains
>to a visiting reporter.

"It makes me want to give you chocolates instead. Here, try some of
these."

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.

Jul 12, 2002, 4:15:51 PM7/12/02
In article <q2euiucc2hve88b28...@4ax.com>,
m...@ozemail.com.au says...

> >"Well, of course I hate you because you are Christian, but that doesn't
> >mean I want to kill you," a professor of Islamic law in Riyadh explains
> >to a visiting reporter.
>
> "It makes me want to give you chocolates instead. Here, try some of
> these."

<KA-BOOM!>

"Hohoho, infidels always fall for that one!" :)

Kirt

Jul 12, 2002, 4:35:25 PM7/12/02
Michael Warner wrote:

and this copy of the koran ... from the gideon society

Liz [TeamD]

Jul 12, 2002, 10:29:43 PM7/12/02
Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr. said,

> "Hohoho, infidels always fall for that one!" :)

<whisper>
When that doesn't work, try the cigars.
</whisper>
--
liz

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.

Jul 12, 2002, 10:34:36 PM7/12/02
In article <MPG.17995aa6a...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
liza...@yahooNot-Often.com says...

> <whisper>
> When that doesn't work, try the cigars.
> </whisper>

<Bugs mode>
Telegram for an infidel!
</Bugs mode>

Liz [TeamD]

Jul 12, 2002, 11:11:41 PM7/12/02
Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr. said,
> <Bugs mode>
> Telegram for an infidel!
> </Bugs mode>

<blazingsaddles>
Telegram for Mr. Mongo
</blazingsaddles>
--
liz

Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr.

Jul 12, 2002, 11:16:49 PM7/12/02
In article <MPG.1799647c5...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
liza...@yahooNot-Often.com says...

> <blazingsaddles>
> Telegram for Mr. Mongo
> </blazingsaddles>

Let's skip the part where they eat beans, shall we? :)

Great movie.

Ernest Fairchild

Jul 12, 2002, 11:38:12 PM7/12/02
"Kenneth Rochel de Camargo Jr." <rb.moc.arret@jcrk> wrote in message

> In article <MPG.1799647c5...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
> liza...@yahooNot-Often.com says...
> > <blazingsaddles>
> > Telegram for Mr. Mongo
> > </blazingsaddles>
> >
> Let's skip the part where they eat beans, shall we? :)

That was BEFORE the telegram part, wasn't it (haven't seen the movie
in years!)?

> Great movie.

I agree.

Have a great day!

Ernest

_____________________
"I'm weird, but around here it's barely noticeable."

Visit my website at http://www.public.asu.edu/~ernestf

Rene Tschaggelar

Jul 13, 2002, 10:09:01 AM7/13/02
Galileo was a westerner and therefore non-existent.
No roadblock in going back then.
The point is more going back to ... ?
Going back why ?
The rest of the world doesn't go back.

Rene

Kirt

Jul 15, 2002, 11:00:09 AM7/15/02
<re-ordering to bottom posting>

Rene Tschaggelar wrote:

> Kirt wrote:
> > i suspect this may be part of a struggle going back at least to
> > galilleo.
> >

> Galileo was a westerner and therefore non-existent.
> No roadblock in going back then.
> The point is more going back to ... ?
> Going back why ?
> The rest of the world doesn't go back.

perhaps it will be more clear if i rephrase: "i suspect this may
be part of a struggle that has gone on at least since galilleo"

Erik Schepers

Jul 14, 2002, 8:44:09 PM7/14/02
"Liz [TeamD]" wrote:

> <blazingsaddles>
> Telegram for Mr. Mongo
> </blazingsaddles>

<Pedantic>
Candygram for Mongo. Candygram for Mongo.
</Pedantic>

Telegraph main office and tell them I said OOOWWWW!

Liz [TeamD]

Jul 15, 2002, 12:09:24 PM7/15/02
Erik Schepers says...

> Telegraph main office and tell them I said OOOWWWW!

LOL!
--
liz

caroli...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2017, 5:53:49 AM8/25/17

Buy Quality Real And Fake Passports, Driver’s License,ID Cards,Fake ID'swhatsapp:237671756987 for Over 50's state drivers license cards and State ID cards available. Includes state driver's license hologram and magnetic strip or bar code on back. 2 business day %&*$# order (2.95 %&*$# and handling)same quality, high resolution that Department of Motor Vehicles use.Send current .JPG or .GIF of current license with picture and changes in NAME, DOB, LICENSE #, RESTRICTIONS, etc.we produce the best fake ID online we sell UK/EU fake ID, Canadian fake ID, Australian fake ID and fake IDs for many other countries from fake passports to fake driving licenses to fake bank statements we have your identification needs covered. Our fake IDs include all security features such as genuine holograms, ultraviolet watermarks, intaglio printing, special paper, fluorescent dyes, RFID chips, barcodes corresponding to your details and more. Our fake IDs are identical to the real thing no other site will offer you this quality we are the best.new identity protect your privacy and take back your freedom.With over 16million of our documents circulating over the world. We offer only original and high-quality fake passports,resident permit,Visa,U.S Green Card,school certificates and diplomat , driver's licenses, ID cards, stamps fake Euros,Dollars and Pounds and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom. This list is not full.To get the additional information and place the order just contact us via email .
FAKE IDS WITH FAST SHIPPING - EMAIL SUPPORT
Email .............. (real.ielt...@gmail.com)
Email .............. real.ielt...@gmail.com
whatsapp:237671756987