The 2006 PGD Annual Game Programming Competition

Dominique Louis

Dec 20, 2005, 4:39:49 PM12/20/05
That time of year is coming up again. It is soon time for PGD's annual
competition and with that, I am pleased to annouce that on Jan 15th,
2006 the 2006 PGD ( http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/ ) Annual Game
Programming Competition shall commence!

The competition rules shall be released on the morning(GMT) before the
start of the competition.

We will be allowing teams or individuals much like we did last year.
Releasing your source will be optional however you will be required to
submit a packaged executable with all game files for the targeted
platform(s) supported.

Prizes, judges, rules and all further needed information will be posted
within a weeks time before the start date of competition. For now, I
suggest gathering your teams, tools and ideas for Jan 15th. Contest will
be running for a total of 16 weeks, ending on the May 7th where we will
award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners with their prizes. We will also
be honouring those in the competition that show great ability in
specific areas of development.

We have high hopes for a fun competition and it should be a very
successful event for 2006. Stay posted for further information as it comes.

If you want to see last year's theme and entries jump over to...
http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/competitions/PGDCompetition2005.html
and take a look of what some people created in 3 months. Most Pascal
compilers are welcome Delphi, Kylix, FreePascal if you plan to use some
other Pascal compiler, drop me an email to confirm that the resulting
exe will be accepted.

Hope do you see you there.

Dominique Louis.