Font problem

Rabatscher Michael

Mar 16, 2005, 11:22:12 AM3/16/05
When designing a form in the Kylix3 IDE I can use a Helvetica font with 8pts
height. But as soon as I start
the application the fonts grow to something like 14 pts.

How can I circumvent this behavior?

kind regards
Michael Rabatscher

Forrest

Mar 21, 2005, 3:32:04 PM3/21/05
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:22:12 +0100, Rabatscher Michael wrote:

> When designing a form in the Kylix3 IDE I can use a Helvetica font with
> 8pts height. But as soon as I start
> the application the fonts grow to something like 14 pts.
>
> How can I circumvent this behavior?

It could be that you've got Scaling set 'true':

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Kylix/FormScaling/index.htm

I found it additionally necessary to stick (something like) this in the
.dpr file, prior to Application.Initialize:

// j is either a user=specified font size or zero for best-guess
if j = 0
then begin
j := 7; // based on experimentation...
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 118 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 108 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 101 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 91 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 81 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 63 then inc(j);
if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 50 then inc(j);
end;
Application.Font.Size := j;

Attila Fulop

Apr 11, 2005, 6:58:08 AM4/11/05
Do you know any way to use Font anti-aliasing on
Kylix forms/controls?

theo

Apr 11, 2005, 12:48:49 PM4/11/05
Attila Fulop schrieb:

> Do you know any way to use Font anti-aliasing on
> Kylix forms/controls?

http://andy.jgknet.de/oss/kylix/wiki/index.php/Qt_2.3.2_update

Attila Fulop

Apr 12, 2005, 6:21:17 AM4/12/05
Thanks a lot! This is great!

However with this version the UI is unable to display
some characters namely 'Ű' and 'Ő'.

Do you know any solution for it?
Maybe is there a way to influence the unicode portion of qt or clx?

theo

Apr 12, 2005, 6:59:32 AM4/12/05
Attila Fulop schrieb:

> Thanks a lot! This is great!
>
> However with this version the UI is unable to display
> some characters namely 'Ű' and 'Ő'.

No problems here.
Maybe it has to do with your system-settings.

Attila Fulop

Apr 12, 2005, 7:58:13 AM4/12/05
Thanks, I'll check that.