Creating JPEG/GIF or PNG image in console mode application

1 view

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware]

Mar 2, 2005, 5:51:42 AM3/2/05
I want to create an image by code within a console mode program (actually a
CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.

btw: I have a Delphi/Win32 version that works perfectly. I want to port this
code as much as possible.

--
francoi...@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be

theo

Mar 2, 2005, 2:32:06 PM3/2/05
Francois Piette [ICS & Midware] schrieb:

> I want to create an image by code within a console mode program (actually a
> CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
> bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BE8635B.4080508%40chemware.hypermart.net

raktzo

Mar 3, 2005, 3:48:24 AM3/3/05
You can build a .bmp writing header and data.
Also you can take a look to libpng, but it's for C language only, you need
to translate...

Bye,
Raktzo

raktzo

Mar 3, 2005, 4:03:16 AM3/3/05

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware]

Mar 3, 2005, 3:43:27 AM3/3/05
> > I want to create an image by code within a console mode program
(actually a
> > CGI program) written with Kylix. How can I do that ? It looks like the
> > bitmap object works only within GUI application, making use of QT.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3BE8635B.4080508%40chemware.hypermart.net

Thank you for the link.
Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a hosting
company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.

theo

Mar 3, 2005, 5:07:55 AM3/3/05

> Thank you for the link.
> Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a hosting
> company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.

You might try GD:

http://www.boutell.com/gd/

If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use it.

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware]

Mar 3, 2005, 10:40:47 AM3/3/05
> > Thank you for the link.
> > Unfortunately, it is not a good solution for a CGI. I doubt that a
hosting
> > company will appreciate to install QT and xvfb on their webservers.

> You might try GD:
> http://www.boutell.com/gd/

It looks like it is exactly what I was looking for !

> If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use
it.

I'm interested !

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware]

Mar 3, 2005, 10:44:27 AM3/3/05
> http://pngdelphi.sourceforge.net/

This is for reading a PNG file.
I'm looking a library to create images, that is draw pixels, lines, text.
Same capabilities as TBitMap.Canvas.

Theo provided a link to GD which seems to be what I'm looking for
(http://www.boutell.com/gd/)

Francois Piette [ICS & Midware]

Mar 3, 2005, 10:45:32 AM3/3/05
> You can build a .bmp writing header and data.

Yes, of course. I can also write a new compiler and why not a new OS !

haword

Mar 4, 2005, 12:19:38 AM3/4/05
offtopic
thank you for you very good ICS components :)

raktzo

Mar 4, 2005, 3:48:18 AM3/4/05
> Yes, of course. I can also write a new compiler and why not a new OS !
:-)
Also a new CPU

Bye,
Raktzo

Andrea Petrelli

Mar 4, 2005, 6:21:59 PM3/4/05
>> If you're interested, I think I have some delphi code to show how to use
> it.
>
> I'm interested !
I am also interested !

Andrea

theo

Mar 4, 2005, 7:51:44 PM3/4/05
> I am also interested !

Ask François, I'm sure he has an updated/improved version.