All of a sudden one day, my debugger for JBuilder 8 stopped working.
When I run a program normally it runs fine. However, when I try to run
the same program, I get the error message below:
com.sun.jdi.connect.VMStartException: VM initialization failed for:
-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.
Does anyone know what's happening here? I've searched the web and
haven't found anything helpful. Any program I try to debug gives the
same error message. I've tried reinstalling JBuilder hoping to reset
settings, but that didn't work.
Help please! :)
1) I have uninstalled my firewall and I'm running Windows 2000, so
there's no built-in firewall.
2) The ports it fails on are different every time so there's no point
trying to allow ports anyways because the port range is anywhere from
3) I've tried uninstalling all the java SDKs on my computer.
4) I've renamed all the files on my computer named dt_socket.dll
5) There is no other spyware or virus protection on the computer to
6) I have disabled the ethernet connection to my LAN.
None of these solutions have worked, so just to save any helpers some