Attach to local program with Foundation?

Scott Metzger

Jul 19, 2005, 5:55:14 PM7/19/05
Hi,

How can I attach to a _local_ process via JBuilder Foundation?

The docs say that remote debugging is not included in the Foundation
version. However, the docs don't say anything about attaching to a
local process. The only place I see to attach to a process is on the
Remote page of the New Runtime Configuration dialog, but that is of
course disabled.

Any other way to attach?

Thanks,
Scott Metzger

Kevin Dean [TeamB]

Jul 19, 2005, 10:25:06 PM7/19/05
Scott Metzger wrote:

> How can I attach to a local process via JBuilder Foundation?

> The docs say that remote debugging is not included in the Foundation
> version. However, the docs don't say anything about attaching to a
> local process. The only place I see to attach to a process is on the
> Remote page of the New Runtime Configuration dialog, but that is of
> course disabled.
>
> Any other way to attach?

Local is just a special case of remote (i.e. the host name is
localhost), and so you won't be able to debug a local application any
more than you could debug a truly remote one with JBuilder Foundation.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

NEW WHITEPAPERS
Securing Borland Enterprise Server
http://www.datadevelopment.com/papers/index.html

http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Scott Metzger

Jul 20, 2005, 9:03:03 AM7/20/05
> Local is just a special case of remote (i.e. the host name is
> localhost), and so you won't be able to debug a local application any
> more than you could debug a truly remote one with JBuilder Foundation.

Thanks. Unfortunately that makes it very difficult to fully evaluate
JBuilder.

Kevin Dean [TeamB]

Jul 20, 2005, 9:37:41 AM7/20/05
Scott Metzger wrote:

> Thanks. Unfortunately that makes it very difficult to fully evaluate
> JBuilder.

Why is it that you can't launch the program from within JBuilder itself?

Lori M Olson [TeamB]

Jul 20, 2005, 10:43:51 AM7/20/05

Then you should download the Developer or Enterprise Trial, which will
give you 30 days of full function for evaluation.

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
http://www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html

Scott Metzger

Jul 21, 2005, 2:18:09 PM7/21/05
Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
> Then you should download the Developer or Enterprise Trial, which will
> give you 30 days of full function for evaluation.
>
> http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html

Thanks, when I get the chance I think I'll give that a try.

Scott Metzger

Jul 21, 2005, 2:17:20 PM7/21/05

> Why is it that you can't launch the program from within JBuilder itself?

We develop software to integrate with CAD systems. Our general design is...

CAD System-->Our C++ layer-->Our Java layer