Data watches ofvariables not possible anymore

biebel

Jun 13, 2005, 1:10:11 PM6/13/05
Hello,

I work with JBuilder X Enterprise. I've installed sun JDK 1.5 for testing.
I've resetted al the settings but now I can't watch the variable while
debugging.
When I do ctrl-Right click, the tooltip window gives the following
information : xxx = <is not in scope>.
By adding the variable to the data watches panel message pane with add
watch, I got this message :
"expression" dto = <variable xxx not found in class classpath.classname>
Is there a certain check which is changed??

Can anyone help me because this makes debugging very hard.

Thanks anyway

Bart

biebel

Jun 13, 2005, 1:31:19 PM6/13/05
This i sonly the case with private and public variable. Not with variable
who are created in the scope.

Bart

"biebel" <bieb...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Lori M Olson [TeamB]

Jun 13, 2005, 3:33:07 PM6/13/05

JBuilder X does not support JDK 1.5. Try downloading JBuilder 2005
(Foundation is free) to see if that will work.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
http://www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html

biebel

Jun 14, 2005, 3:45:34 AM6/14/05
What I meant with resetting was that I've reconfigured JBuilder X for
working with java sdk 1.4.
From that moment I wasn't able to do the variable watches.

Bart

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" <javad...@techie.com> schreef in bericht

biebel

Jun 14, 2005, 8:19:37 AM6/14/05
Hello,

with resetting I meant reconfiguation of JBuilder and the system to use the
java jdk1.4 again (the one included in JBuilder).
But I can't watch variables anymore.

Regards,
Bart

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" <javad...@techie.com> schreef in bericht

Lori M Olson [TeamB]

Jun 15, 2005, 6:41:10 PM6/15/05
biebel wrote:
> What I meant with resetting was that I've reconfigured JBuilder X for
> working with java sdk 1.4.
> From that moment I wasn't able to do the variable watches.
>
> Bart

Ok. If this is just with one project, then you should look to your
<project>.jpx.local file. It may have some bogus settings that need to
be cleared out (you can rename this file to test this).

If you get it with more than one project, then I'd start looking in some
of the other places that JBuilder saves settings.

<home>.jbuilderX
<home>.primetimeX

You could rename/move those directories, because JBuilder will recreate
them with default settings, to see if that fixes your problem.