Debuggin resources for EAServer and JBuilder

1 view

U D

Oct 6, 2006, 4:34:52 PM10/6/06

Hi All
At my new workplace, we're using JBuilder and EAserver for development of JSP\Servlet web apps. This being my first expereince with J2EE, i as surprised to know that to debug small problems, we have to have a lot of logging in our code where the rest of the world seems to be "Stepping Through" code all the time. Is it possible to execute Web Apps in debug mode using JBuilder and EAServer ? Can someone please direct me to the right source of such a webpage\document\message board thread. I have searched this thread and couldn't find anything.

Doychin Bondzhev

Oct 7, 2006, 4:53:51 AM10/7/06
to U D
U D wrote:
> Hi All
> At my new workplace, we're using JBuilder and EAserver for development of JSP\Servlet web apps. This being my first expereince with J2EE, i as surprised to know that to debug small problems, we have to have a lot of logging in our code where the rest of the world seems to be "Stepping Through" code all the time. Is it possible to execute Web Apps in debug mode using JBuilder and EAServer ? Can someone please direct me to the right source of such a webpage\document\message board thread. I have searched this thread and couldn't find anything.

I think you should check for remote debugging function in JBuilder.

Look at EAServer documentation how to configure it in order to allow
remote debugging.

Doychin