-- Cannot start Java debug process VM --

apostolish

Jun 27, 2005, 9:29:53 AM6/27/05
Hello,
I work with JbuilderX.
Until now, i used to work without any problem, but now with all my projects
i have the same problem .
When i execute (press button) 'Debug Project' always i have the same message
:

-- Cannot start Java debug process VM --

com.sun.jdi.connect.VMStartException: VM initialization failed for:
C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\bin\javaw -classpath "C:\JBuilderX\lib\dx.jar;
C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\lib\dt.jar;C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\lib\htmlconverter.jar;
C:\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\lib\tools.jar"
-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,addres
s=server:1064,
suspend=y prog.s.kodikologio.kodik
Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.

How can l fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Apostolis
Hatziyannis.

Daniels...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2005, 10:47:59 AM7/18/05
I received the same error you had except I was using JBuilder 2005, and
JDK 1.4. What had occurred was my JAVA_HOME environment variable was
pointing to an old JBuilder that I used to have installed, and also my
PATH environment variable was using that JAVA_HOME variable to point to
%JAVA_HOME%\bin, which because JAVA_HOME was incorrect the dt.dll was
not found thus causing that error, or so it would seem.

So to solve this check your JAVA_HOME environment variable, and make
sure it points to the jdk installed with your JBuilder, (usually
C:\Borland\JBuilderX\jdk1.4, or C:\Borland\JBuilder2005\jdk1.4). Also
make sure if you have JDK bin on your path that it looks like this:
%JAVA_HOME%\bin
or explicitly put the JDK directory their instead.

Here is my error using JDK 1.4 that was supplied with JBuilder 2005, I
took out all the project specific stuff because it just clutters it, I
left the dt socket parameters though:

-- Cannot start Java debug process VM --

com.sun.jdi.connect.VMStartException: VM initialization failed for:

C:\Borland\JBuilder2005\jdk1.4\bin\javaw -classpath <<PROJECT SPECIFIC
STUFF>> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=danielsdo:3076,suspend=y

Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc = 509.