Setting Debug-Port

Frank Hossfeld

Jun 2, 2005, 9:52:57 AM6/2/05

I am looking for the place, where the port is set, that is used when starting an external tomcat server in debug mode.

when I start the debug configuration, I can see something like "address=computername:portnumber". How does JBuilder2005 decide which port is to use? Is this configuratable? Is it always the same port?

I am asking, because we have problems with starting a tomcat server in debugging mode, when the computer is in a network with a proxy server and a firewall? We always get a SocketException ...

Thanks Frank

Kevin Dean [TeamB]

Jun 3, 2005, 2:36:48 PM6/3/05
Frank Hossfeld wrote:

JBuilder simply picks an available port, as far as I know. You can
override this by doing the following:

1. Create a debug runtime configuration with the "Launch" option in the
"Remote" tab and a fixed port number.
2. Create a debug runtime configuration with the "Attach" option in the
"Remote" tab and the same port number.
3. Run the first configuration; this should launch the application.
4. Run the second configuration; this should attach to the first.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

NEW WHITEPAPERS