Cannot start Java debug process

1 view

Ewout

Oct 28, 2006, 4:59:56 PM10/28/06
I have installed JBuilder 8 on my PC. When I try to start a debug
session, I get an error message "-- Cannot start Java debug process VM
--". I have found some posts about checking the hosts file, or checking
the firewall settings, but the problem still exists.

The hosts file now looks like this:

#127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.2.3 localhost

Thus, I have commented out 127.0.0.1 and replaced it by 192.168.2.3. Is
this like it should be?

It might be important to mention that I have installed McAfee Security
Center. How can I check the port settings?

Ewout

Ewout

Oct 29, 2006, 6:44:36 AM10/29/06
Ewout wrote:

> I have installed JBuilder 8 on my PC. When I try to start a debug
> session, I get an error message "-- Cannot start Java debug process VM
> --". I have found some posts about checking the hosts file, or checking
> the firewall settings, but the problem still exists.
>

> [...]

The problem was solved by copying dt_socket.dll from a
JBuilder-subdirectory to c:\windows\system32. The hosts file was not
relevant, so it seems.

Ewout

Shankar Unni

Oct 30, 2006, 3:07:16 PM10/30/06
Ewout wrote:

> #127.0.0.1 localhost
> 192.168.2.3 localhost

Whoa, never do that.. You definitely want to keep localhost as 127.0.0.1.

Whatever the reason for your debug session not starting up, it's not
related to that. Why don't you post the *full text* of the error message
you get when you try to start a debug process?