future of dbexpress

Olaf Raether

Aug 15, 2007, 3:46:40 PM8/15/07
As mentioned several times here - it seems that CodeGear or Borland
isn´t working on dbexpress/dbswing anymore.
But what about the source code ?
The source is delivered with JB2006 ENT. Is it allowed to modifiy
the source of dbexpress/dbswing ?
Are there any official statements available from CodeGear/Borland ?

I was looking for alternatives to the dbswing/dbexpress - but didn´t
find any.

David Orriss Jr [TeamB]

Aug 15, 2007, 5:47:14 PM8/15/07
In article <46c3...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
Olaf Raether <ol...@epro.de> wrote:

> As mentioned several times here - it seems that CodeGear or Borland
> isn´t working on dbexpress/dbswing anymore.

That's still up in the air.

> But what about the source code ?
> The source is delivered with JB2006 ENT. Is it allowed to modifiy
> the source of dbexpress/dbswing ?

If you have JB2006 ENT (which you do if you have JB2007 ENT) then you
can modify the code to suit your needs.

> Are there any official statements available from CodeGear/Borland ?

Not yet.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/swingset
--
David Orriss Jr. [TeamB]
http://www.codethought.com

My blog: http://codethought.com/blog

Save yourself some time and check these sites:

Borland Newsgroup Search:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/ngsearch.html
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:
http://www.visi.com/~gyles19/fom-serve/cache/1.html