TextDataFile not saving with \r\n characters at end of line

stevep

Mar 13, 2008, 5:05:54 AM3/13/08

Hi

Can somebody tell me how I can control the end of line character on a save of TextDataFile class

sample code does something like...

tableDataSet1.getDataFile().save(tableDataSet1);

is there a property to control the end of each record. On a windows machine it is only adding a \n to the end of record?

Additional information.. the System property line.seperator is set to \r\n.

So there seems to be a bug in TextDataFile class?

John Moore (TeamB)

May 18, 2008, 9:32:16 PM5/18/08
It appears, looking at the source code, that it may get that setting
from the schema file.

separator = schemaFile.separator;

..during the load metadata call..

I don't have the time to dig deeper tonight but if that does not make
any sense.. let me know and will.. (dig deeper, that is..)

Hope that gets you going in the right direction..

John..

TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
http://www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html