JNDI with JBuilder

1 view

Frank Tate

Oct 26, 2007, 3:17:49 PM10/26/07

I have JBuilder 2005 Foundation edition and would like to somehow configure it to use JNDI to access a datasource.

Is that possible?

John Moore (TeamB)

Oct 27, 2007, 2:57:17 PM10/27/07
Frank Tate wrote:
> I have JBuilder 2005 Foundation edition and would like to somehow configure it to use JNDI to access a datasource.
>
> Is that possible?

Sure, JBuilder is... just Java...

TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
http://www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html

Paul Furbacher [TeamB]

Oct 29, 2007, 10:54:37 PM10/29/07
Frank Tate wrote:
> I have JBuilder 2005 Foundation edition and would like to somehow configure it to use JNDI to access a datasource.
>
> Is that possible?

Just want to expand a bit on what John wrote.

JBuilder doesn't do database access, but the programs you write
might. So, you wouldn't think of configure *JBuilder* to use
JNDI. However, you would think of configuring a program (Web app?)
to use JNDI. In that regard, JBuilder is essentially out of the
picture. You are writing Java code to use JNDI, and you can do
that in JBuilder, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Notepad, or vi.

What is the nature of your application -- Web app server, Tomcat? --
and where do the docs for that application say you should put
JNDI configuration?

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives: