executable jar not run in Linux

ge jeff

Apr 21, 2006, 4:26:44 PM4/21/06

Hi, All:

The executable jar created from JBuilder 2005 doesn't run in Linux ( SUSE 10). Windows verion is fine in windows sytem. What is the problem here??

To run it, I have to provide +javahome for it even my java is in the path already. Or just use jar.

Same setting , it is fine for JB7.

If I provided config and jdk.config, it would not find main class although it is indicated in config file.

Any suggestion or tips? please let me know. Thanks.

Doychin Bondzhev

Apr 22, 2006, 6:07:26 AM4/22/06
I had similar problem with Solaris and what I did was to copy the
startup bin files from lib directory of JBuilder X to the lib directory
of JB 2005/2006

This way the resulting executable is still able to detect java through
the path or by using JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Since JBuilder 2005 there is some change in these executables and Linux
and Solaris versions require javahome option in their config file.

Doychin Bondzhev

Ge Jeff

Apr 25, 2006, 9:26:21 AM4/25/06

Thanks Doychin:

You are right.

I copied linux.bin from JB9/lib/ to JB2005/lib (replace it). Then, it works.

Thanks again