JBuilder 2006 VerifyError during runtime

Jason....@mcleodsoftware.com

Jan 24, 2006, 5:30:33 PM1/24/06
I've migrated my application from JBuilder 7, JRE 1.4 to JBuilder 2006,
JRE 1.5. When I run the application, there are some classes that give
VerifyErrors in areas that have worked fine for years. Sometimes when
I delete the classes directory and rebuild my project, these
VerifyErrors go away, sometimes they do not. If they do go away, the
next compile of that class might cause the VerifyError again. Has
anybody seen this before?

I've tried the -noverify vmparam, but that causes a NoSuchMethodError.
I can post detail on that if needed.

The error output is listed below:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/tms/client/lib/Grid$4, method:
mouseReleased signature: (Ljava/awt/event/MouseEvent;)V) Illegal use of
nonvirtual function call

The code involved (though there is other code that causes this as
well):

table.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter()
{
public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent e)
{
if (e.isPopupTrigger())
}
}

Scooby and Scrappy

Jan 26, 2006, 10:40:47 AM1/26/06
Had same problem migrating from JBuilder 2005 to JBuilder 2006. I found
a work-around, turn Project Properties : Build : Java : Incremental
Compilation off. This must be a bug in JBuilder 2006.

Jason....@mcleodsoftware.com

Jan 27, 2006, 10:31:52 AM1/27/06
Initially, this looks to have solved my problem. Thanks for the
suggestion. Any comment from Borland on this?