Install IB 6 Client from Delphi

AntonE

Jan 3, 2007, 6:10:49 PM1/3/07
Hello all,

Is there a way to install the IB6 client from my own app in Delphi?

Thanks

Bill Todd

Jan 3, 2007, 6:23:20 PM1/3/07
AntonE wrote:

If you can copy a file in Delphi then the answer is yes. The IB client
is gds32.dll. It is nice to install the message file too so the user
will get meaningful error messages but that is not required.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Dan Palley

Jan 3, 2007, 7:22:14 PM1/3/07

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> wrote in message

Copying files into \windows\system32 will get much harder in Vista with UAC
turned on. I would suggest using an intall routine to install your
application and the interbase client.

Dan

Bill Todd

Jan 3, 2007, 8:00:18 PM1/3/07
If the plan is to install into Windows/System32 then the installer
needs to make certain that you are not overwriting a more current
version. Doing so could cause serious problems.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)