Updating IB6 metdata with IBConsole using a script.

Todd

Mar 27, 2006, 12:08:53 PM3/27/06
Hello,

1. Logged into my database with the SYSDBA user with exclusivity.
2. Added a role to my DB using a script in IBConsole.
3. Logged out of IBConsole.
4. Logged in as the user I created the role for "CHRONICLE".
5. Get the error: "Error connecting to the requested database." Detail
Message: "Database C:\DATA\TEST.GDB shutdown".

If I do a backup and restore of the DB the problem appears to correct
itself. Any ideas?

Script Sample:
CREATE ROLE FULLACCESS;
COMMIT;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACCTCUSTOMERS TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITY TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYASSIGNMENT TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYDEPARTMENT TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYDOCUMENTS TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYITEM TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYPAYABLE TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYRULES TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYTEMPLATE TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYTEMPLATECATEGORY
TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYTEMPLATERULES TO
FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, REFERENCES ON ACTIVITYUNITCOST TO
FULL_ACCESS;
COMMIT;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACCTCUSTOMERSGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACTIVITYGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACTIVITYPAYABLEGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACTIVITYTEMPLATECATGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACTIVITYTEMPLATEGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
GRANT EXECUTE ON PROCEDURE ACTTEMPLATERULESGENPRIME TO FULL_ACCESS;
COMMIT;
GRANT FULL_ACCESS TO CHRONICLE;
COMMIT;

Bill Todd

Mar 27, 2006, 3:27:30 PM3/27/06
Todd wrote:

> with exclusivity.

If "with exclusivity" means that you shutdown the database then you
must restart it using gfix or IBConsole before any user but sysdba or
the database owner can log in.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Todd

Mar 27, 2006, 5:19:38 PM3/27/06
Bill,

I believe it is the restart portion I am missing,
Am I correct to use gfix -online to start from the commandline.
How do I restart the database in IBConsole?

Thanks for your help. Nice last name BTW.

Todd

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> wrote in message

Bill Todd

Mar 27, 2006, 7:36:57 PM3/27/06
Todd wrote:

> I believe it is the restart portion I am missing,
> Am I correct to use gfix -online to start from the commandline.

Yes.

> How do I restart the database in IBConsole?

Select the database in the treeview then choose Database | Maintenance

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)