Link a popup menu to a menuitem

1 view

Ong Pick Chen

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
Hi, how do I link a popup menu to a menuitem?
I would like to delete one particular menuitem during run time, for
convinent, there should be a popup menu with item "delete" whenever user
right click on that menuitem. But I wonder how?

Thanks

-Pick Chen

Peter Below (TeamB)

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00

I would rate that proposal as "not feasable". Menus have no build-in
support for right clicks or context menus on menuitems. And since Windows
grabs control of message processing while the menu is up you have no good
way to even detect the right click.

Peter Below (TeamB) 10011...@compuserve.com)

Ong Pick Chen

Jul 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/20/00

Peter Below (TeamB) <10011...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

But I notice that Internet Explorer got this feature when we right click on
the menu item which will pop up a menu for us to delete, rename...etc, are
they playing any trick behind it?

Thanks

-Pick Chen

Peter Below (TeamB)

Jul 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/20/00
In article <39766020@dnews>, Ong Pick Chen wrote:
> But I notice that Internet Explorer got this feature when we right click on
> the menu item which will pop up a menu for us to delete, rename...etc, are
> they playing any trick behind it?

IE, like the Office apps, uses a custom set of controls to fake menus. YOu
can of course go the same way <g>, it is some work, however.