EClassNotFound exception raised from TReader.FindComponentClass

Warren Postma

Aug 5, 2008, 9:18:17 AM8/5/08
I recently did a massive search and replace through a large set of
PAS/DFM files, finding all component with some prefix, such as FOO,
renaming them to XYFOO. Everything compiles and all the forms in the
application open fine in the designer. But at runtime now I get an
EClassNotFound exception when it tries to create one of the forms, the
last one created in the main application (.dpr) initialization. I am
trying to figure out why this particular class, whcih does not give any
"not found" exception in the other forms (all of which use this class,
and thus had to find it) would be able to find the component class name,
but this last form cannot find it.

I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks.

Warren

Jaelani

Aug 9, 2008, 11:50:00 AM8/9/08
Exception from TReader means that the exception occured when trying to
find a class in one of your DFM. Some to-be-renamed class names may be
used as property value and not all values are stored as strings.