Ternary plotting

John Chambers

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

I'm looking for a graphing component which supports ternary plotting, that is
triangular diagrams:

/\ A = 100%
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \
B = 100% /__________\ C = 100%

Can anybody help?

David Berneda

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Hi John
One way to do it can be using TChartShape with style = Triangle.
Every shape has color, pen, brush attributes, and position and size
specified by X0,X1 and Y0,Y1 properties.

Another more generic solution can be writing a "TTernarySeries" which
will plot all points as triangles.
Do you have a bitmap picture of a ternary plot? Email me it and I'll
add this to the "wish-list of new series types". Shouldn't be difficult to
do.

Regards
David Berneda
www.teemach.com

John Chambers escribió en mensaje <6em8b2$ovg$1...@pith.uoregon.edu>...

Jim O'Brien

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

In article <6er2fl$25...@forums.borland.com>, David Berneda wrote:
> Another more generic solution can be writing a "TTernarySeries" which
> will plot all points as triangles.

I think you've missed the point. A ternary diagram has 3 axes,
typically arranged in the form of an equilateral triangle. They're
commonly used for such purposes as representing the composition and
phase behavior of ternary (three-component) mixtures of chemicals on a
two-dimensional page.

--
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 13:10 EST
Jim O'Brien, R&D, PTT, Inc.

nicholas...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2013, 9:44:08 AM12/19/13
Dear John,

I wanted to mention that I have just published on CRAN, a package for R, for the plotting of ternary diagrams.

It is based off ggplot2, which is highly regarded, and, my website can be viewed at www.ggtern.com, including many examples, specifically including a case study at the following address:

http://ggtern.com/case-study-zirconia-alumina-silica/

Hope you find it of value.

Best Regards,

Nicholas Hamilton
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Univesity of New South Wales
Sydney Australia
--
www.ggtern.com