Two axis / 1 series TeeChart problem

Lastinec Jan

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
I would like to ask for help someone who knows kow to solve this:

I need (want) to have the only one series described by both, left and right
axis in Teechart from Delphi 4. An example could be acquired real time data
described by

1) LeftAxis - physical resolution of the ADconverter (12bits), e.g. numbers
in the range from 0 to 4096

and

2)RightAxis - user representation of the number, for example voltage in the
range 0 - 1V, which is the input range of this converter.

Its no problem to have physical or user represantation on LeftAxis, but how
to force series to be described by both of then.

Thanks.
Jan

------------------------------
Jan LASTINEC
Department of Analytical Chemistry
Comenius University Bratislava, Slovakia
e-mail: last...@fns.uniba.sk

Ron Dvir

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
Jan,

In the chart property editor, select the Series tab and then select the
General tab.
Now select Right on the Vertical Axis radio group.

Hope it answer your question.

Ron.

Lastinec Jan <last...@fns.uniba.sk> wrote in message

Lastinec Jan

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
Thanks Ron,
But may be you didn't understand my question. It's no problem to have data
(Line or FastSeries) described by right axis only. I want to see both of
them, left and rigth axis with different scales - physical (0 - 4095) and
user (0 - 1) representation of real time data points.
As I see it, standard TeeChart from Delphi4 associates only one axis (left,
bottom, right or top) with a series.

Regards
Jan

Ron Dvir <rdvir....@bigfoot.com> wrote in article
<7hc0kl$qq...@forums.borland.com>...

Mark Graham

May 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/13/99
Jan,

If you check the chart editor, under the 'General' tab for each series
you can specify which horizontal & vertical axes to use.

For the vertical, there's options for Left, Right or *Both*
similarly there's Top, Bottom or Both for the Horizontal axis.

Each axis can then be set to use a different min / max value &
increment to give the two scales that you want.

To associate a series with both the left & right axis at runtime
without the chart editor, you can specify

mySeries.vertAxis := aBothVertAxis;

This isn't correctly documented in the help unfortunately. There it
says you can only specify aLeftAxis or aRightAxis.

The full range of options are

THorizAxis = (aTopAxis,aBottomAxis,aBothHorizAxis,aCustomHorizAxis);
TVertAxis = (aLeftAxis,aRightAxis,aBothVertAxis,aCustomVertAxis);

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further help with it.

Best Regards,
Mark.
(Just coming to the end of an 8 month Charting project)
--
I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel.
Turns out it was some ba$tard with a torch bringing me more work!

In article <01be9d19$42f8d6e0$7928...@lastinec.nic.fns.uniba.sk>,

Ron Dvir

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
Jan,

I think your mistaking. You associate a series to an axis and not a chart.
You can associate each series to a different axis.

I have done so with the pro. version and I don't think it is different with
the standard.

Ron.

Lastinec Jan

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
Ron,
If an axis isn't associated to any series, then it's not shown in a chart
at runtime (at least in standard version). Setting its visible (any)
property has no effect in that case.
It looks like I have to create a dummy series with a few (maybe the only
one) points or look at the Tee Pro, at least trial one.

Thanks for your time.
Jan

> I think your mistaking. You associate a series to an axis and not a
chart.
> You can associate each series to a different axis.
>
> I have done so with the pro. version and I don't think it is different
with
> the standard.

kok...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2012, 5:09:41 PM6/9/12
any possibility to add a third, fourth... axis with different scales?