QuickReport + OKI printer + 6 inch peper size

MariuszS

Mar 6, 2009, 12:49:58 PM3/6/09
Hello!

I have the problem, I can not solve myself:
I have D7 Pro, QuickReport 3.0 (from delphi pack). My application
should print on 6 inch paper this way, to after printing, a paper stop
before detach line.

I have installed original OKI driver (Windows XP), configured to use
paper size length 6 inch. When I printing test page, everything is OK,
the printer stop before detach line (after pressing tear button (on
the printer) I have detach line.

Unfortunatly, from my application (from QuickReport),
even though Page parametres are set correctly
(length = 152,4 mm, PaperSize = Custom),
printed data takes 6 cm, after printing,

the printer pulling out the paper to the A4 detach line.

Have anyone any idea what should I do?
best regards
Mariusz

gpcaretti

Mar 28, 2009, 11:13:07 AM3/28/09
On Mar 6, 6:49 pm, MariuszS <mariusz_stefan...@wp.pl> wrote:

> I have installed original OKI driver (Windows XP), configured to use
> paper size length 6 inch. When I printing test page, everything is OK,
> the printer stop before detach line (after pressing tear button (on
> the printer) I have detach line.
>
> Unfortunatly, from my application (from QuickReport),
>   even though Page parametres are set correctly
>   (length = 152,4 mm, PaperSize = Custom),
>   printed data takes 6 cm, after printing,
>
> the printer pulling out the paper to the A4 detach line.

Incredibly old problem to be separated in two sub points:

- Win see the printer like a file: when you close it, it sends a
"close file" to the printer driver and most of them uses to send a
formfeed to the phisical printer.

- QR does not handle well custom page formats: when you set a page
format not standard QR may "discard" it and use the default A4 or US
Letter.

Try this: in the printer setting try to see if there is the
"continuous paper" entry and set it to true. Then test with some QR
cfg to see if it works.
You can use the guidelines defined here:
http://www.digital-metaphors.com:8080/Output/Printer/Continuous_Paper
They are not for QR but the ideas are similar.

Finally: let me know if you find the solutions!
Gianpiero