Continued problem with COM Server as Service on Windows 2003 Server

Stefan Berndt

Jun 22, 2004, 10:10:38 AM6/22/04
However, I tried to use the solution offered in this group my COM
Server doesn't work on Windows 2003 Server if installed as a service.

I try to manipulate the (D)COM permissions necessary for the server
before the Service is created.

CoInitializeEx(nil,CoInitFlags);
CoInitializeSecurity(nil,-1,nil,nil,
RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE,
RPC_C_IMP_LEVEL_IDENTIFY,nil,0,nil);

if ServiceInstalling then
begin
SvcMgr.Application.Initialize;
end;

SvcMgr.Application.CreateForm(TMyService, MyService);
SvcMgr.Application.Run;

Although I added an TApplicationEvent-Handler handling the onIdle
Event as mentionend my client application always get's a timeout.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
Stefan Berndt

piete...@gmail.com