usb card readers insertion/removal

ji...@012.net.il

Feb 26, 2007, 3:03:00 AM2/26/07
Using WM_DEVICECHANGE I can't get media insert/remove events from a
card reader attached to a usb port. If it matters I'm using the usb
port on the front of my machine. Is there another way to trap this
event? I have found "use RegisterDeviceNotification" but can't find
any examples on MSDN or Delphi resources. Could someone provide me an
example of how to do this. Don't misunderstand. Connection of the
device to the usb port is not the problem. MW_DEVICECHANGE handles
this fine. It is removal/insertion of the media into the card reader
connected to the usb port that I want to detect. TIA
Jim Catz