Please verify BUG in Microsoft Windows XP/2003 Accessibility *MPS*

junk...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2006, 12:00:30 PM10/7/06
Hello,

The Problem (Multi Processor only):
This occurs when there is MORE than one Logical/Physical CPU on the
system.

When a console winevent hook function is active, changing the codepage
of a console window causes the console window to not respond.

I set a hook using SetWinEventHook to get notified on events
EVENT_CONSOLE_CARET to EVENT_CONSOLE_END_APPLICATION

all is well, events are coming.

When I open a CMD window and change the codepage to a different
codepage than the default one, the window stops responding.

>From my tests it appears that the problem is somewhere in the
SetConsoleOutputCP api somewhere down the road to the kernel.

It's very URGENT for me to know if it's a MS bug, and if someone has
any idea what I can do about it I would be happy to know.

To verify the problem:

1. download Link to the Microsoft Accessibility SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4179742F-1F3D-4115-A8BA-2F7A6022B533&displaylang=en

2. In the SDK, there is a sample called AccEvent. compile it, run it.
3. While it's running, open a cmd window and type CHCP 437 or CHCP 1255
4. The window will hang. if not, open another one and try, it will.

Please assist me in finding the problem.

Thanks for your time,
Ran.