Retrieving property type information

djBo

May 22, 2009, 8:13:39 AM5/22/09
Hi List,

I am in the process of creating a small DFM parser, and I am getting
stuck on something specific.
When parsing the DFM file (top to bottom) I obviously run into many of
the properties, events and assigned methods.
I am trying to find a way that can tell me wether a given property is
a notifying event (or procedure of object).

What I have done so far, is use RTTI. But for this to work, I need to
"register" all the classes that can possibly be inside the DFM.
But registering every single control that exists is a little crazy...

I "could" say that whenever a property starts of with "On" I define it
as an event, but this is obviously very error prone...

My question:
Is there an easier way to do this?

Btw, I am also looking on how to figure out the same thing for things
like an "action".

Thanks in advance,
Bo