Network configuration

Ivo Bauer

Aug 3, 2008, 7:36:46 PM8/3/08

I would use some help to achieve the following goals:

(1) Enumerate all network adapters. For each adapter, the following
properties need to be obtained:

(a) Device name, e.g. 'NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller'
(b) Friendly name, e.g. 'Local Area Connection'
(c) Device status, e.g. if it is currently enabled or disabled
(d) IP address
(e) Subnet mask
(f) Default gateway

(2) For given network adapter, I need to be able to:

(a) Disable automatic TCP/IP protocol settings assignment (if there is
one).
(b) Tell that adapter to use a specific IP address, subnet mask and
default gateway.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated. I've tried to search through
the archives, but either Google newsgroup search seems to be seriously
broken, or I obviously lack the competence to use it.

--
Ivo Bauer

Rob Kennedy

Aug 3, 2008, 7:55:00 PM8/3/08

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=enumerate+network+adapters+group%3A*delphi*

The first article in my results mentioned the GetAdaptersInfo API
function. The documentation for that mentions a few other functions,
such as GetInterfaceInfo and GetIpAddrTable.

--
Rob

Ivo Bauer

Aug 4, 2008, 8:05:37 AM8/4/08
Rob Kennedy wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=enumerate+network+adapters+group%3A*delphi*
>
> The first article in my results mentioned the GetAdaptersInfo API
> function. The documentation for that mentions a few other functions,
> such as GetInterfaceInfo and GetIpAddrTable.

Many thanks for these pointers, Rob. It will take me some time to go
through them.

--
Ivo Bauer