oclPS ->first

Philip

Aug 1, 2008, 9:31:14 AM8/1/08
Hi

I know there is no operation -> first when doing oclPS select.

I read that you should do a PS selection with an ->order and then

Ecospace.Persistence.EnsureRange(results, 0, 1);

What is the point of the ensurerange?

If you were only going to access the first object in the list, why
bother with the ensurerange?

Thanks

Philip

Aug 1, 2008, 10:38:27 AM8/1/08
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:30:23 +0100, "Peter Morris"
<mrpmo...@SPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>It wasn't EnsureRange, those are the last two parameters to use on
>IOclPsService.Execute
>
>(offset and max answers)
>

>Pete

oooh thanks!

Peter Morris

Aug 1, 2008, 10:30:23 AM8/1/08

Peter Morris

Aug 2, 2008, 3:03:43 PM8/2/08
> So, CO guys, why don't you add ->first support to oclPS?

So, Kjell, why don't you add it to bugs.capableobjects.com :-)

Kjell Rilbe

Aug 2, 2008, 2:50:53 PM8/2/08
Philip wrote:
> I know there is no operation -> first when doing oclPS select.

...which is also somewhat strange, considering the newest SQL standard
actually contains support for ->first operations. And many servers have
had proprietary support for it for a long time.

So, CO guys, why don't you add ->first support to oclPS?

Kjell
Kjell Rilbe
Home: +46 8 7610734
Cell: +46 733 442464
"If there's a price for bein' me, that's one I'll have to pay"
Aaron Tippin

Philip

Aug 3, 2008, 5:21:11 AM8/3/08
On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 20:03:43 +0100, "Peter Morris"
<mrpmo...@SPAMgmail.com> wrote:

>> So, CO guys, why don't you add ->first support to oclPS?

Actually, i'd love to know this too?

I will buy a cake for the person who implements it :)

Dmitriy Nagirnyak

Aug 3, 2008, 5:53:23 AM8/3/08
> I will buy a cake for the person who implements it :)

Betting the name of the person will be Jonas :)