ASPX Designer freezes IDE

Peter Morris

Aug 2, 2008, 5:07:11 PM8/2/08
If I create a new ASP.NET website and then click the [Designer] tab at the
bottom the IDE freezes. Last night I uninstalled VS2008 and all other
related installations (MVC framework etc), this morning I reinstalled VS2008
and tried again and I still see the same behaviour!

Can anyone think what I might need to do to fix this? I know it's off-topic
but I am pretty desperate so trying as wide an audience as possible.

Pete

Dmitriy Nagirnyak

Aug 3, 2008, 3:12:17 AM8/3/08

Peter Morris

Aug 3, 2008, 5:57:58 AM8/3/08
Uninstalling/reinstalling did nothing. However, performing a repair did the
trick!

Leonardo Morais

Aug 3, 2008, 11:07:53 PM8/3/08
> Uninstalling/reinstalling did nothing. However, performing a repair did
> the trick!

My VS instalation sometimes do this too. Did you solve the problem?

Regards,

Leonardo Morais

Peter Morris

Aug 4, 2008, 3:24:03 AM8/4/08
Yes, the solution is in the post you replied to :-)

Leonardo Morais

Aug 4, 2008, 10:09:52 PM8/4/08

> Yes, the solution is in the post you replied to :-)

Sorry I must be dummy, I continue not knowing what was the solution. Could
you please tell what was the trick you have used?

By the way are you still with your VS installed? If you do not mind I am
waiting for your replies on Capabelobjects news

Regards,
Leonardo Morais

Peter Morris

Aug 5, 2008, 8:24:28 AM8/5/08
Go to add/remove programs. Select VS2008. When given the options choose
"Repair" instead of "Uninstall".