Versioning and DB AutoInc

Nick Crisp

Aug 6, 2008, 11:48:13 AM8/6/08
Hi

Is it possible to have a versioned class, with a AutoInc field?

My class was skipping a number each time I created an instance, ie ( 1, 3,
5, 7)

Thanks

Nick

Peter Morris

Aug 7, 2008, 6:31:16 AM8/7/08
No, because the DB manages the value of the row. You'd have to do something
like

Order 1--1 OrderHeader 1---* OrderLine

What I normally do is to model the versioning rather than using the version
service, as it lets me decide what is a new version and what is a correction
to an existing version.

Pete

Nick Crisp

Aug 7, 2008, 10:25:46 AM8/7/08
Hi Pete

Thought so........

It's just I spent ages on Tuesday trying to find out why I was missing
nunmbers, then discovered it was a versioned class.

Thanks

Nick

"Peter Morris" <mrpmo...@SPAMgmail.com> wrote in message