IE Length Limit ?

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 15, 2004, 8:55:43 PM9/15/04
hello,

i am trying to generate a one line string to pass it to the css validator
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator.html.en#validate-by-input

ShellExecute(self.Handle , 'Open', pchar(ReUrl) , nil, nil, 0);

the string length is usually more than 4000 character length,
the problem is it seems that internet explorer (6.0) take only the first
2046 character of my string when passed using ShellExecute from my app,
although if i enter the string manually ( copy and paste the url )in the
address bar of ie all the string is accepted,

any way to solve for this?

Thanks
Yehia

Jens Geyer

Sep 16, 2004, 4:07:49 AM9/16/04
Hello Yehia Ahmed,

this seems to be (at least) a internal IE limitation. A similar effect is
setting a lengthy URL via script code, which will fail if the URL is that
long. So I'm afraid that even the instantiation of a IE COM object and
Navigate() to this URL may fail, but you can try it.

The best recommendation I can give is to shorten the URL. Why are these that
long? Can you explain, what you want to achieve? Maybe we find a better
solution ...

JensG

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 16, 2004, 5:26:01 AM9/16/04
ok, i have a css file which i want to validate it ,my app convert all the
file to one line string with the url format (nrelinew=%0A&0D, space=%20) and
so on,and then pass it to ie,

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?text=HERE SHOULD BE MY TEXT
FILE &usermedium=all

this way the url is always long

"Jens Geyer" <jgx.v...@sp4m-njet.org> wrote in message

Nicholas Sherlock

Sep 16, 2004, 3:51:29 PM9/16/04
Yehia Ahmed wrote:
> ok, i have a css file which i want to validate it ,my app convert all
> the file to one line string with the url format (nrelinew=%0A&0D,
> space=%20) and so on,and then pass it to ie,
>
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?text=HERE SHOULD BE MY
> TEXT FILE &usermedium=all
>
> this way the url is always long

Don't use IE. Use Indy or ICS to submit your HTTP request and download the
result. (Google to download either of these excellent communication
libraries).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 16, 2004, 4:15:37 PM9/16/04
and how to do this ? never used Indy or ICS (actually don't even know what
they are :) )

"Nicholas Sherlock" <n_she...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Jens Geyer

Sep 17, 2004, 4:18:47 AM9/17/04
Hello Yehia Ahmed wrote:

>> Don't use IE. Use Indy or ICS ...

ACK. In your case, the IE will not be useful because of the limitations and
the given web-interface.

>> Google to download either of these excellent
>> communication libraries).

> how to do this ? never used Indy or ICS (actually don't
> even know what they are :) )

But you used a search engine, didn't you?
http://www.indyproject.org

BTW, your quoting is defective.
JensG

Anders Isaksson

Sep 17, 2004, 4:24:06 AM9/17/04
"Yehia Ahmed" wrote:

>"Nicholas Sherlock" wrote

>> Don't use IE. Use Indy or ICS to submit your HTTP request and download the
>> result. (Google to download either of these excellent communication
>> libraries).

>and how to do this ? never used Indy or ICS (actually don't even know what
>they are :) )

He told you. Use Google to find Indy and/or ICS

http://www.google.com/search?&q=ics+delphi -->
http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm as first hit.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 17, 2004, 6:24:50 AM9/17/04
ok, read some docuemtns, indy helps me to upload files , send emails and so
on...
but don't how to use it to send the css file to the w3c validator:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

there are 3 options to validate the css,
1.either by direct input, this one failed because of the limit of ie address
bar
2.or by uploading the file to my server and send posting the url, which is
not practical, cause anyone using my program will have to upload a file to
my server .
3.the last choice is by uploading the file to the w3c,i think this is my
only choice, but don't how to automatically post the css file i made.

"Anders Isaksson" <anders....@REMOVEcej.se> wrote in message

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 17, 2004, 1:04:28 PM9/17/04
guys, i really need help here

"Yehia Ahmed" <yeh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Peter Below (TeamB)

Sep 18, 2004, 5:30:04 AM9/18/04
In article <414b...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Yehia Ahmed wrote:
> guys, i really need help here

Then you should try to ask in a more relevant group, perhaps
b.p.d.internet.winsock. This is a fairly exotic problem you are having there...

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 18, 2004, 10:56:10 AM9/18/04
is there b.p.d.internet.winsock.?

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <10011...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

Peter Below (TeamB)

Sep 19, 2004, 4:25:39 AM9/19/04
In article <414c...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Yehia Ahmed wrote:

> is there b.p.d.internet.winsock.?

It shows in my newsreaders list of groups on newsgroups.borland.com. The
full name is

borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock

Yehia Ahmed

Sep 22, 2004, 7:03:04 PM9/22/04
kinda got the code, looks like this (uses indy controls):

var
Params : TStringList;
url : String;
begin
url :=
'http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?text=&usermedium=all';
Params := TStringList.Create;
try
begin
Params.Add('text=' + Memo1.Lines.Text);
Memo2.Lines.Text := IdHTTP1.Post(url, Params);
end;
finally
Params.Free;
end;
end;

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <10011...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

ericm...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2015, 7:40:32 AM1/18/15
Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time

We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are specialized in the production of quality documents such as passports,drivers license,id cards,stamps,visas,diplomas of very high quality and other products
for all countries: USA, Australia,UK, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italian, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, . This list is not full.contact General support: ( fani...@gmail.com )
To get the additional information and place the order just call or contact us via email mobile.

SKYPE US ................. fandena.fandena (Bureau Fandena)

Contact; fani...@gmail.com

Key words
----------------
Canada