The concept of vectorizing code

Bram Bos

Jul 31, 2008, 11:16:15 AM7/31/08

I was wondering: is there information available somewhere (a tutorial or simple rationale outline) which describes how vectorizing code works?

I understand that it is basically about structuring your code in such a way that the CPU can process multiple instructions simultaneously and I've seen some examples in the archives but I would really like to learn how it works and how to apply it properly.

Thanks
Bram

Bram Bos

Aug 1, 2008, 5:33:43 AM8/1/08

"Bram Bos" <bur...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I was wondering: is there information available somewhere (a tutorial or simple rationale outline) which describes how vectorizing code works?

Following up my own post: I just found a very nice article
about the working of MMX, which incidentally answers my own
question (and some other latent questions I had ;-).

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/Windows/HTML/TheMMXInstructionSet.html