Stack for thread

Anderson

Jul 16, 2008, 4:03:55 PM7/16/08
Hi folks,

I just want to know if is possible to write a delphi app that is able to get
the currently running address inside a thread. Something like Process
Explorer does when you click on the stack button for a thread.

Rabatscher Michael

Jul 17, 2008, 5:53:21 AM7/17/08
Anderson schrieb:
You can read the EIP register which acutally holds the location of the
current command address.

kind regards
Mike

Davy Landman

Jul 17, 2008, 7:31:02 AM7/17/08

Have you checked out JclDebug?

Davy Landman

"Anderson" <ass...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anderson

Jul 17, 2008, 10:52:18 AM7/17/08
> Have you checked out JclDebug?
Yes, and it's great.

But my question here is about another thing. I was wondering how process
explorer can get a list of threads running inside a process and get the
stack for a specific thread. From where can I begin to do something like
that?

Thx again.

"Davy Landman" <davy.landm...@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem

Anderson

Jul 17, 2008, 1:22:57 PM7/17/08
I think that I got it, i will play with the toolhelp.dll a little bit.

"Anderson" <ass...@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem