What does D2006 offer me?

Joby Spencer

Jan 27, 2006, 12:09:51 PM1/27/06
I need to add multi-language support to an existing Delphi 6 project. Does
migrating the project to Delphi 2006 offer me anything? We will probably
migrate at some point anyway, but it wasn't scheduled for several months.
Are there benefits of doing the migration now in support of multiple
languages? Would there be additional issues by adding multi-language
support now to the D6 project, and THEN doing the migration to D2006 down
the road? Does migrating to D2006 have any negative affects on using
ElPack, TntWare, or other recommended third party component suites? Does
migrating the project to a .NET app offer any advantages? Sorry for all the
questions. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Joby

Troy Wolbrink

Feb 1, 2006, 3:20:55 PM2/1/06
I personally think Delphi 2006 offers much in regards to Unicode support.
Particuarly in the arena of database support.

Migrating to .NET would have the advantage that you could use any third
party component or included VCL component and it should support Unicode, as
that is the standard string type in .NET.

--Troy

"Joby Spencer" <wander...@yahoo.com> wrote in message