Localized Group Names

Kevin Heaton

Oct 3, 2006, 6:19:31 PM10/3/06
I have an application that needs to know the default user group names. It
works on an English language computer using 'System', 'Administrator',
'Users' (for Win XP Pro) and 'Everyone' (for Win XP Home). It fails on a
French language computer.

The Microsoft Terminology Translations found at
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/MILSGlossary.mspx only provides a
partial solution. It shows 'Administrator' but not 'Administrators' and
'Users group' but not 'Users'.

A customer tells me that on his French machine "Tout le monde" is used for
group named 'Everyone' and "Utilisateurs" is used for the group named
'Users'.

Is there a way to list all the built in user groups? Or, is there a glossary
translation that includes:
'System', 'Administrators', 'Everyone', and 'Users' for all western
languages?

--
Kevin Heaton