Non-breaking threads?

1 view

masonw...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2008, 12:51:08 AM2/24/08
I'm writing a game engine, which runs three main threads: one for
rendering, one for input, and one for sound. Unfortunately, if I ever
hit a breakpoint or raise an exception, it drops me into the debugger,
pausing all threads. This makes the sound skip and flow
inconsistently, which is very jarring. Since the audio thread is all
handled by the SDL library and is quite stable, I never actually break
from that thread. Is there any way to set it up so that that thread
will always continue running, and not pause even when the rest of the
application "breaks" to the debugger?