Help not working in Turbo Delphi

Brent...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2008, 7:50:54 PM7/23/08
Hi

A long time Turbo Pascal programmer, from the early days, I just
installed Turbo Delphi. It was nice that I could almost convert by my
Delphi 5 programs by simply loading the root file of an old program.
Somehow it found all the others in the folder and built the project.

However, although I installed the help system, help does not work.
When I hit F1 it gets an error: Unspecified error. The details show a
lot of lines starting with

+ $37[531C45F5]{htmlhelp2100.bpl}
HTMLHelp2Viewer.HTMLHelp2Viewer.CanShowALinkEx (Line 297,
"HTMLHelp2Viewer.pas" + 16) + $37
+ $0[51F2A2A5]{rtl100.bpl } System.System.@CheckAutoResult (Line
18061, "system.pas" + 6) + $0
+ $8[531C7367]{htmlhelp2100.bpl}
HtmlHelp2Tester.HtmlHelp2Tester.TIDEHtmlHelp2Tester.CanShowALink (Line
54, "HtmlHelp2Tester.pas" + 1) + $8

I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists. I am obviously
missing some part of the install, but what? I did not install the IE 6
fix because I don't have IE 6 any more. It would not install.

Brent

Who is glad to see an active Delphi/Pascal community after all these
years (I think I started using Turbo Pascal v1.0 around 1983!)