Linker errors DBG2439, DBG2499 - solved!

Ritchie Annand

Dec 8, 2000, 1:44:42 PM12/8/00
That linker error was driving me crazy. Turned out to be from only one
spot - I had a resourcestring in a method just after a few subprocedures.
Moving the resourcestring out in front of the method got rid of the linker
error.

Freddy Vulto and Barry Carr might be interested in this :)

Ritchie Annand
Malibu Software & Engineering
http://www.malibugroup.com/

--------8<------------
SOURCE: Corbin Dunn (Borland), Keith Procter (Malibu)

DBG2499 Error including TD32 debug info

Note that once you get a DBG2499 error, it will occur in all subsequent
compiles, until Delphi is restarted. The error occurs when you have a
resource string after the first sub procedure, regardless if it is in
another sub-procedure, or just within the body of the procedure (but you
have to have a second sub-procedure). It can be boiled down to a program
that doesn't use objects, so it looks like it's a sub-procedure bug. The
solution is to move your ResourceString declarations to before the first
sub-procedure. Following program will generate the error, restart Delphi
and move the resource string to just under "procedure Foo;" to make it go
away

program _;

procedure Foo;

procedure n;
begin
end;

resourcestring
d='';

procedure C;
begin
end;

begin
C;
n;
end;

begin
Foo;
end.

Andrew Jameson

Dec 11, 2000, 5:07:55 AM12/11/00
Hi Ritchie,

Are you brilliant or what !? We've been looking into this one for ages and
it's driven us nuts for so long now. We got a very poor response to our
initial enquiries - in fact nothing ! As we use Exceptional Magic, it was
essential that we regained the ability to link in TD32.

Anyway, we've not revised our code yet ... so we'll let you know if this
sorts our problem too !!

Kind regards and thanks,

Andrew :0)

Andrew Jameson

Dec 11, 2000, 6:19:33 AM12/11/00
Yes, that fixed our problem !!

Many thanks from all of us here at Quill !

Cheers

Andrew :o)

Message has been deleted

narendra...@gmail.com