Debugging ActiveX Library - breakpoints don't.

Rick Winterton

May 28, 2002, 6:59:44 PM5/28/02
I've successfully debugged this particular COM DLL before, but today while
trying to debug it, I can't get any of the breakpoints to halt program
execution.

I'm using Delphi 6 Professional.

Debugging is turned on, and when I compile the program, the dots in the left
hand column are there -- until I launch the executable (which is a very
short Visual Basic program).

I unregistered the library, then registered it just after compiling.

Any ideas? I've seen this before, but it has always seemed to "go away".

Rick Winterton

Simon Moscrop

May 29, 2002, 12:57:38 PM5/29/02
Check to see if you've got another version of the DLL hanging around
anywhere.

You may have, unknowingly, compiled a version with a greater version
number... perhaps.

"Rick Winterton" <rwint...@nospam.chartermi.net> wrote in message

Simon Moscrop

May 29, 2002, 12:58:22 PM5/29/02
And check your file project/options paths and your environment options paths
as well.

"Rick Winterton" <rwint...@nospam.chartermi.net> wrote in message

Dennis Passmore

May 29, 2002, 8:54:54 AM5/29/02
Check the registry to make sure that the activex library is registered
with a fully qualified "long" file name. I have seen quite a few times
where it gets registered with a short file name and debugging would
not work.
Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

"If you cannot conceive the idea you
will never achieve the desired results"

Rick Winterton

May 31, 2002, 10:30:44 AM5/31/02
Add one more to the count.

Remember that tip! It's a winner!

Rick Winterton

"Dennis Passmore" <dennisp@nospam_dpassmore.com> wrote in message

saho...@googlemail.com

Jun 9, 2015, 8:13:15 AM6/9/15
Changing the project version of the dll worked for me